[Ardour-Users] Range duration

Jörn Nettingsmeier nettings at stackingdwarves.net
Fri Dec 13 12:54:52 PST 2013

On 12/13/2013 09:53 PM, Jörn Nettingsmeier wrote:
> hi susanne,
>
> On 12/13/2013 12:58 PM, Susanne Billig wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> maybe you can help solve another problem:
>>
>> When I define a range - is there any way to see how long it is....?
>>
>> I do see the timecode, but this gives me the absolute time, what I need,
>> though, is the relative time/duration only of my defined range.
>>
>> Thank you very much in advance, S.
>
> in ardour3, you have a special selection info widget next to the primary
> and secondary clocks. it will always tell you the beginning, end, and
> duration of any range you are currently marking with the range tool.
> for range markers, you can take a look at the "locations" window
> (accessible with alt-l) or via the window menu. there is the same
> information for all ranges defined in your session.

i forgot to note that the initial display format might be "samples" or
timecode, which might not be helpful in your case. a right-click on the
number allows you to change the unit to something more helpful, such as
total time or seconds.

--
Jörn Nettingsmeier
Lortzingstr. 11, 45128 Essen, Tel. +49 177 7937487

Tonmeister VDT

http://stackingdwarves.net