[Ardour-Users] help

leo leokn at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 27 19:42:16 PDT 2013

I just paid $20 (well worth it, wish I could afford more) to download the new Ardour 3.3.1. with PayPal.

I just installed UbuntuStudio LTS 12.04.3 64 bit on another hard drive ( "SATA II" ), which came packaged with an older Ardour version.

I tried to update it through the Launchpad PPA, but even though it appeared to update ok, it reverted to the older version.
Confused, I went to the Ardour.org website, when I discovered that a payment was required to get the latest version.

I'm ok with paying something towards all your efforts, folks, and I intend to donate more to the Ardour cause in the future!

I have 2 questions:

    1) The download is a .tar file ( Ardour_64bit-3.3.1-dbg.tar)  and I don't know how to use it as an installation medium.

    2) The Ardour version I already have, and have been using on this here drive ( "SATA I", which is running Ubuntu 13.04, 64 bit ) is version 3.3., so how do I get support for both hard drive different versions?

Thank you in advance, Leo Newburn