[Ardour-Users] A3: Silence and session load weirdness after re-open

John Rigg au2 at jrigg.co.uk
Thu Apr 25 02:39:32 PDT 2013

On Wed, Apr 24, 2013 at 07:49:44PM +0100, Q wrote:
> It just goes to show how much variance there is in the way people work
> and use Ardour.

Agreed.

> I've never accidentally set up a feedback loop. I have had loads of
> issues over the years with plugins spiking. I'm starting to use a more
> limited set of plugins now and it's also one of the reasons I finally
> went down the payware route.

I've seen both. I too use a limited set of plugins which I know to work.

I set up an accidental feedback loop for the first time in years
recently, after working long hours for several days on a complicated
recording. It was idiotic, but these things can happen when mental
fatigue sets in.

Perhaps an option to disable the automatic muting in A3 would be a
reasonable solution for those who don't want it.

John