[Ardour-Users] A3: Silence and session load weirdness after re-open

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Thu Apr 25 01:55:34 PDT 2013

On Wed, 2013-04-24 at 19:47 +0200, Axel 'the C.L.A.' Müller wrote:
> In my opinion it's a real big regression as long as it is not possible
> to deactivate it. And I think I'm not alone with that.

New features are the nature of new software ;). For all new software
it's often not clear, if something is a new feature or a bug.

[root at archlinux rocketmouse]# pacman -Syu
warning: ardour: ignoring package upgrade (2.8.16-1 => 3.1-1)

I keep Ardour 2, since Ardour 3 doesn't support the kind of sequencer I
want to use. This Ardour 3 "loop protection" IMO is a good thing.