[Ardour-Users] A3: Silence and session load weirdness after re-open

John Rigg au2 at jrigg.co.uk
Wed Apr 24 09:52:02 PDT 2013

On Wed, Apr 24, 2013 at 01:28:31PM +0100, Q wrote:
> From the experience I had, I don't see how the feature could prevent
> damage: I had the session open for hours with the Feedback light merrily
> flashing away and audio working normally.

I take it you don't exchange session files with anyone else. If someone
sent me a session with an active feedback loop set up it might prove
expensive if I was in a rush and neglected to mute the monitors before

What's the problem with deactivating the feedback loop to get audio
working again? It's a much more unusual situation than wanting to
avoid blown speakers. Personally I think this is an improvement over
A2's behaviour.

John