[Ardour-Users] MIDI Controls

Jörn Nettingsmeier nettings at stackingdwarves.net
Fri Apr 5 16:51:08 PDT 2013

On 04/05/2013 06:23 PM, Joe Hartley wrote:
> On Fri, 5 Apr 2013 12:08:43 -0400
> Paul Davis <paul at linuxaudiosystems.com> wrote:
>
>> On Fri, Apr 5, 2013 at 11:57 AM, Joe Hartley <jh at brainiac.com> wrote:
>>> I posted about this here: https://community.ardour.org/node/6963
>>> but there's been no response.
>>
>> the forums are not appropriate places to report bugs. they will be
>> forgotten about, not because anyone is evil but because of the way forums
>> work.
>>
>> it is a conundrum, i know: sometimes you want to get feedback from others
>> before reporting a bug.
>
> Quite so - I tend to think that it's either user error or oddball
> environment issues before I believe it's a bug!  It's helpful to see if
> there's a "me too" response or just a "you forgot this step" response
> before I write it up as a bug.  Seems to be heading that way though.

yeah, often i feel the same.
time permitting, it's a good idea to hang out on #ardour for a day or so
and ask around, it seems to be the best place for recent ardour stuff.
unfortunately, it's also the most volatile medium... but looking at the
agility of ardour development in general, that seems like a price worth
paying. although i sometimes wish we'd have a chatbot that produces
searchable logs.

--
Jörn Nettingsmeier
Lortzingstr. 11, 45128 Essen, Tel. +49 177 7937487

Tonmeister VDT

http://stackingdwarves.net