[Ardour-Users] MIDI Controls

Jörn Nettingsmeier nettings at stackingdwarves.net
Fri Apr 5 16:48:12 PDT 2013

On 04/05/2013 02:40 PM, Jörn Nettingsmeier wrote:
> On 04/05/2013 02:01 PM, Niko Efthymiou wrote:
>> Hey everybody,
>>
>> I am trying to bind Ardour controls to my BFC 2000. Things work seem to
>> work fine, except that pan-controls bindings are lost at random (I
>> haven't been able to observe a pattern here) and some times assignment
>> for pan or effect automation controls does not work (the BFC receives
>> the feedback and displays the value, but turning the knob, doesn't do
>> anything). Has anyone else experienced such problems?
>>
>> My greatest issue however, is that the assignments are not saved in the
>> session (or a session template), so they have to bee reassigned each
>> time, which is quite tedious. Is this a known issue or am I missing
>> something?
>

> at least for ardour3, midi bindings used to work flawlessly for me,
> including save/recall. i haven't used my bcf in a while, and i don't use
> ardour's built-in panners, but unless it got broken quite recently, it
> should work.

looks like i spoke too soon - in latest git, there is quite some
funkiness going on with midi bindings - i've even seen crashes, which
hasn't happened in a while. however, it seems like ardour3 is
fundamentally unhappy with openSUSE tumbleweed (eating cpu like mad), so
it may be a distro issue rather than an ardour problem for me...

--
Jörn Nettingsmeier
Lortzingstr. 11, 45128 Essen, Tel. +49 177 7937487

Tonmeister VDT

http://stackingdwarves.net