[Ardour-Users] Midi automation not moving with region

Jörn Nettingsmeier nettings at stackingdwarves.net
Sun Sep 2 11:52:39 PDT 2012

On 09/01/2012 11:46 AM, Thorsten Wilms wrote:
> On 09/01/2012 05:50 AM, Paul Davis wrote:
>>     my region of midi info the automation isn't moving.
>>
>>                           ^^^^
>>
>> i think that highlighted text is probably the issue. we need to decide
>> whether the policy for audio regions should be applied to MIDI (the
>> answer is almost certainly yes).
>
> Yes indeed. In the long run, automation has to be put into regions, to
> allow moving it along with other regions, moving it independently and
> for cloning and reusing automation just like audio or midi. It's all
> data on a timeline, after all.

sounds like a very good idea. in addition, we'd need a visually obvious
way of locking regions to each other, so that an audio track will always
move in lockstep with its automation tracks.

--
Jörn Nettingsmeier
Lortzingstr. 11, 45128 Essen, Tel. +49 177 7937487

Tonmeister VDT

http://stackingdwarves.net