[Ardour-Users] need help: trying to set up multiple soundcards in Jack

Kim Cascone kim at anechoicmedia.com
Wed Sep 5 13:20:24 PDT 2012

I followed the directions on the Jack page w/r/t setting up multiple
soundcards for jack
http://jackaudio.org/multiple_devices

I created an ~/.asoundrc file

I forgot that I needed to type in the name of the card which is "merge"
and accidentally typed "merge" instead of "hw:merge" into the Jackctl panel

and now when I launch Jack Control the panel comes up, goes and stays dark

I tried to hack the ~/.jackdrc file (see below)
but I'm unable to get Jack Control working again

here is what's contained (now) in the .jackdrc file:

/usr/bin/jackd -r -P80 -p128 -m -dalsa -dmerge -r44100 -p512 -n5 -D -s
-m -i2 -o4 -Xseq

but I'm still unable to get Jack Control working

is there another file I should be tweaking instead? command line?

any help is appreciated!

ciao!
kim