[Ardour-Users] Track Cue List, "Red Book" CD Mastering, and CD burning

Bill Sack bsack23 at gmail.com
Fri May 18 04:29:42 PDT 2012

i do this once a week or so at my job (on a mac, but same procedure as i'd
use on a linux machine). you can do all the preparatory stuff in ardour,
make a .toc file while you're exporting the audio, and then use cdrdao from
the command line to burn the CD.

procedure is more or less this (in ardour2, anyway - haven't done enough of
this in a3 yet):

edit start and end points of session - move beginning of music to 2" on the
timeline
add markers at the beginning of each song - make sure first one is at 2"
open 'locations' window and make regions by hitting 'add new region' and
using the markers you added above as a guide
click the 'cd' box on each region's line in the locations window
export the session, but first select 'TOC' on the 'CD Marker File Type'

then burn a cd on cdrdao with a command like
> cdrdao write export.toc
it can be that easy. cdrdao might be able to find your cd-burner
automatically.

i used to use a little gui program called 'gcdmaster' to do the burning,
but i don't know whether it's still being maintained or not. it's not
necessary for the procedure above.

good luck!