[Ardour-Users] "bounce" MIDI regions in the same track

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Fri May 18 04:26:02 PDT 2012

On Fri, May 18, 2012 at 4:07 AM, Fred <f.rech at yahoo.fr> wrote:

> Hi list,
>
> when have finished to record a drum track live from keyboard, (one take
> for BD+SN, one take for HH, etc...) the result is a MIDI track with several
> regions which you can choose the top one to edit. At least, that's what I
> see and understand (!) in my A3 learn process...
>
> Have searched in http://ardour.org/a3_features_**midi_editing<http://ardour.org/a3_features_midi_editing>and
> http://ardour.org/a3_features_**midi <http://ardour.org/a3_features_midi>, but can't find a way to put all these regions in one, to edit all notes
> in one go, without changing the top region. It seems there's nothing on the
> subject in the list archive.

there's no way to do this other than re-recording to a new MIDI track.

in general you should follow a similar workflow for MIDI as for audio - put
different instruments into different tracks. drum tracks are arguably an
exception, and a3 currently doesn't have a very good workflow to support
the traditional way of working on these.