[Ardour-Users] mix groups for all tracks/busses

Benjamin Scherrer realhangman at web.de
Fri Mar 30 16:44:20 PDT 2012

Hi,

the only solution that comes to my mind is adding amplifier plugins to
those channels that are already at maximum volume, either right before
or right after the fader. When mixing with floating point, going into
the red at the channel level won't matter as long as you stay under
0dbfs at the master bus (or the point when you're hitting the analog realm).

I wouldn't alter the gain of regions, because they come right before any
plugins, so if you are using e.g. a compressor, increasing the gain of a
region will change the compressor's behavior.

Best,
Benjamin