[Ardour-Users] best practices for a3 + external midi exporting?

Wayne wayne at in-giro.org
Sun Mar 18 17:25:29 PDT 2012

Il giorno dom, 18/03/2012 alle 19.55 -0400, Bill Sack ha scritto:

> hi all,
> have been using part of my spring break to dig into ardour 3 - really
> fun & usable so far!
>
> so, the first of what will no doubt be a series of dumb questions: how
> do people export, i.e. 'bounce,' a project that uses external midi
> instruments? i have a project that has some audio tracks, some midi
> tracks with plugin instruments, and a midi drum track using hydrogen
> as an external instrument. i made a bus in ardour to run hydrogen's
> output back into. when i did an export, all the audio and midi
> plugin's sounds were there, but not the hydrogen sounds. is it
> necessary to record hydrogen's output onto an ardour audio track
> before exporting?

    i have been using A3 in a similar way, and except for Fluidsynth,
all the external synths (e.g. ghostess, jack-dssi-host, LinuxSampler,
Rosegarden) that i have been using have rendered the audio correctly
during an A3 export.  unfortunately i have not tried it with Hydrogen,
but it did work with Ardour 2.  first thing: make sure that you are
using the external JACK sync, not internal, and that Hydrogen is also
using the JACK transport.

peace, w