[Ardour-Users] Ardour 3 export questions

Sakari Bergen sakari.bergen at beatwaves.net
Thu Jun 14 14:20:41 PDT 2012

On Thu, Jun 14, 2012 at 11:08 PM, John Rigg <au at jrigg.co.uk> wrote:

> While testing Ardour3 svn12724 I couldn't find a quick way of exporting
> a stereo track to a .wav file. Despite selecting export without
> gain or fades it seemed to export at the same speed as the track
> would play at. Is there a way of exporting as quickly as in 2.8.x?

The export type selection (i.e. with or without fades) will not effect the
speed. The reason for this is merely to keep the code clean. It could be
possible to make a special case when exporting without any processing
(effects, gain or fades), but it's hardly a priority feature ATM.

I just tested exporting a 6 minute stereo track from a simple session,
without doing any sample rate conversion, and it took 17 seconds. If it's
doing it circa real time for you, you probably have a complex session or
are using sample rate conversion at the best quality. Otherwise there is an
issue with this, that should be looked into.

> Another minor question: is it possible to specify the export destination
> filename without Ardour3 appending extra stuff on the name, as it is in
> 2.8.x?

In the code for naming the files, there is an option for not including the
timespan name, which is currently the only mandatory part. But there was
some problem with that and it was disabled. I could take a look at it
again, but I don't have the time for it right now...

Otherwise you can un-check every naming option and write your filename in
the "Label" field. The file extension will be added though.