[Ardour-Users] Bouncing midi tracks

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Sun Jan 15 14:28:50 PST 2012

On Sun, Jan 15, 2012 at 5:18 PM, Edward Diehl <diehl at umich.edu> wrote:

> I recently recorded a piano piece on Ardour3B2 with midi + Pianoteq plugin.
>  I did some editing on the midi file, only at the region level, deleting
> one section and splicing 2 regions together.   Now I'd like to save the
> edited midi file.  There are no "export" options for midi that I can see.
> I was able to make a "bounced" version by recording the edited midi track
> to a new midi track (which makes a file in
> interchange/<session name>/midifiles/), but I wondered if there was any
> other way to save the edited midi file.

there are no bounce or export options for MIDI in ardour3.

Ardour's MIDI files are all SMF (Standard MIDI File). If you want a
copy of a specific region after its been trimmed, just Fork it (right
click -> MIDI -> Fork) and then find the file inside the session tree
under

    yourSession/interchange/yourSession/midifiles/regionName.mid

That's as good as it gets for now. Be aware that ardour does *not*
write tempo or meter information into MIDI files.

--p