[Ardour-Users] Armed Recording Track Records ALL Tracks Playing?

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Sat Feb 4 17:05:31 PST 2012

you're using the builtin audio "soundcard" on your computer. its
hardware mixer is set to capture the output that is being sent to the
speakers.

neither JACK nor Ardour touch the hardware mixer of your audio
interface. this is a task for a specialized application (in some
cases, an application written solely for your specific type of audio
interface).

start with something like qamix (GUI) or alsamixer (terminal). it can
be complicated.