[Ardour-Users] Announcing Ardour 3 Beta 5 ported to FreeBSD

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Thu Dec 20 06:03:58 PST 2012

On Thu, 2012-12-20 at 09:51 -0200, Marcel Bonnet wrote:
> Hi folks. I'm new in this list, but just in case if there are other
> FreeBSD users waiting or trying to build a fresh Ardour 3 Beta, you
> may find instructions and the required ports I've just made here:
> http://linuxhomestudio.com.br/freebsd/articles/ardour3b5/ardour3b5.html

Welcome Marcel :)

I already read about it at freebsd-multimedia at FreeBSD.org , thank you
for the effort. However, on Linux I use Ardour 2 only, it's more to my
taste at the moment. I suspect that I'll stay with Linux for audio,
since the abilities of Linux audio already are on a professional
standard, I guess FreeBSD isn't ready yet for pro audio. Or is it?
I only try to get FreeBSD run, because there's a driver for my HDSPe
AIO, that might have better ADAT support for my card, than the Linux
driver has got.

If there are any interesting links about pro-audio and FreeBSD, you
might send them to the list, or at least send them off-list to me.

Regards,
Ralf