[Ardour-Users] Absolutely OT: SO many problems.

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Tue Dec 18 07:33:18 PST 2012

On Sun, 2012-12-16 at 05:21 -0800, User Name wrote:
> U R MAKING LINUX LOOK BAD

You may like Paul, the homepage and his software or not. De facto AFAIK
he doesn't violate anything and his software is definitive figurehead
for audio on Linux.

Linux does represent a cross section of all kinds of humans, so even a
Salafist's Linux Distro wouldn't make Linux look bad. Linux just is an
OS, ok, with a special policy.

This policy is about "libre" and allows developers and users to use it
by their abilities, so even if a homepage for/about Linux should be bad
programmed, should be whining for donations, the conclusion should be,
that Linux is made and used by humans with different abilities and
natures.

Ardour, resp. Paul isn't dominating Linux, some other decisions for
Linux from upstream for the basics of Linux are really controversial and
might have impact to the impression people could get about Linux.

If you worked many hours to get things done and it failed, I understand
your emotionality, especially since most of us are artists, IOW
emotionally people. I suspect less will judge you for your words, I at
least don't, but IMO it's better style not to write anonymised.

IMO anonymity is making the Internet a bad place.

2 Cents,
Ralf

Not OT: Are you searching for a hard disk recording and/or MIDI
sequencer application? What features do you need? There's a lot of other
software available and also the coders have different characters and
abilities, if it should be that important to you.