[Ardour-Users] bus strain on computer resources

Brett Clark brett.clark at zirous.com
Thu Dec 13 05:40:09 PST 2012

Gosh guys, i feel like i accidentally "hijacked" this thread.  I want to
point out a couple things:

1) Im not the original poster of this thread
2) parallel compression is not the subject of this thread
3) I only pointed out that i did it one time and that was the only use case
where i needed 3 buses for a single track.

Although i always enjoy learning about mixing, since its out of scope for
this thread I dont want to debate parallel compression and how often it
should be used, or if it should be used at all, or why.  Although im pretty
confident that many of you folks have better ways to solve the problem i
had, all i know is that it worked one time for me (caveat: to the best of
my abilities at that time) and it used multiple buses for a single track
(subject of this thread).

Sorry for any confusion i created.

--Brett