[Ardour-Users] a few thoughts

frederic rech f.rech at yahoo.fr
Tue Dec 4 12:22:06 PST 2012

Very nice post, Joe !!!

[...]

As for the eye candy and chrome, I once groused about how ugly the
LADSPA plugins are in Ardour, but the functionality is very good.  I
absolutely hate the implementation of knobs in a GUI - I never seem to
get how to twiddle it the first time.  The ugly LADSPA plugins use sliders,
and I can even enter a numerical value which has come in handy for recreating
settings where I can't find a saved parameter file from another session
easily, but because I've written the settings in my session log, I've got
the sound I want quickly.

Please, devs, let us always have the choice to enter a numerical value !