[Ardour-Users] a few thoughts

Steve the Fiddle stevethefiddle at gmail.com
Tue Dec 4 08:52:21 PST 2012

Imho, one of the best things about open source software is that you
are allowed to modify it.
If you don't like it the way that it is then you can change it,
If you don't have the skills or the knowledge to change it then you
can learn, or employ someone else to modify it for you.

If you don't want to customise it, or if you are too idle or not
prepared to pay someone, or choose for any other reason to not change
it then you are relying on the knowledge, skill, time, effort,
dedication, opinions and decisions of the developers.

The developers of open source software are usually delighted to
receive user feedback that will help them to create better
applications, but I don't think that really gives users the right to
whinge about software that does not pander to their opinion,
especially if they are contributing nothing or little to the project
themselves.

For commercial products the most effective complaint is with your
wallet - If you don't like it, buy something else.

Constructive feedback, feature request, bug reports and the like are
beneficial for developers and are usually welcome and appreciated.
Moaning just wastes everyone's time.

This is not directed at anyone in particular, but if the hat fits feel
free to wear it :=)

Steve