[Ardour-Users] a few thoughts

Al Thompson althompson58 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 2 10:58:14 PST 2012

On 12/02/2012 01:51 PM, Gordon JC Pearce wrote:
> On 02/12/12 18:42, Al Thompson wrote:
>
>> I agree 100% with this.  Plus, the extra CPU power required to drive
>> multiple plugin GUIs severely stresses a machine, when that horsepower
>> could be much better used to do useful things.
>
> Bullshit.  Plugins with "complex" GUI interfaces use just about the
> same amount of CPU power as the ones with "simple" interfaces.
>
> I don't want to use audio software that looks like a spreadsheet.
> Computers are unmusical enough, without making "creative" software
> look the same as doing your tax returns.

So, in your opinion, in order to do things strictly audio, it's
worthwhile to give up ANY horsepower so that things LOOK more like
electronic gear?

--
---
My bands, CD projects, music, news, and pictures:

  http://www.lateralforce.com

My blog, with commentary on a variety of things, including audio,
mixing, equipment, etc, is at:
   http://audioandmore.wordpress.com

Staat heißt das kälteste aller kalten Ungeheuer.  Kalt lügt es auch;
und diese Lüge kriecht aus seinem Munde: 'Ich, der Staat, bin das Volk.'
                                                - [Friedrich Nietzsche]