[Ardour-Users] a few thoughts

Polosson polo at citadelrock.fr
Sun Dec 2 10:22:05 PST 2012

Le 02/12/2012 19:15, John Rigg a écrit :
> There are fewer plugin choices on Linux, but in the nearly 7 years that I've
> been using Ardour the situation has improved considerably. There is still a
> shortage of plugins that emulate analog non-linearity for those who like
> plugin equivalents of specific hardware devices. I wanted a non-aliasing
> transformer distortion emulator for example, but ended up writing my own.
> The other thing I miss is a good drum replacement program. Apart from that
> I've found enough plugins to cover my requirements.
>
> I personally find the lack of fancy graphic interfaces on most of the
> available LADSPA and LV2 plugins to be a positive advantage. I just want it
> to work, preferably without too many arbitrary restrictions on parameter
> ranges, and without the added distraction of pretty pictures which do nothing
> to enhance the sound but do consume screen space that could be put to better
> use (I realise I'm probably in a minority here).
>
> John

Yeah I totally agree with John, the simple UI of most LADSPA or LV2
plugins can be a good thing, because it forces the listening with EARS
and not EYES... :P
Too many people put their trust in what they see, not what they hear,
and the result can be seriously affected.
.Polo

--
Polosson, ingénieur du son et web-développeur <http://www.polosson.com>