[Ardour-Users] Ardour crashing

Brett Clark brett.clark at zirous.com
Wed Aug 22 13:29:35 PDT 2012

>From my experience, your sample rate and track count should be fine on a
dedicated internal sata-2 drive.  If you use external then make sure you
use the eSata like Brett McCoy (the other Brett) suggested.  The only
caution i would have on externals is that they may have a slower rpm rate
which can effect throughput.

I cant help much on the hang condition though.  To date, Ive successfully
avoided VST plugins so im dont know much about the issues they cause.  But,
there are a lot of very smart people on this user list who may be able to
assist on that.

--Brett