[Ardour-Users] ardour - linux to mac - fail and crash

Wendy Van Wynsberghe wendy at constantvzw.com
Thu Aug 16 08:36:14 PDT 2012

hey Ardourians,

Normally I work under Linux with Ardour, but I managed to convince a
sound studio (http://www.acsr.be/) to install Ardour on their Mac
monsters. As it is a very nicely equipped studio, I can live with the
change of OS temporarily ;-)

Now, I already started editing under Linux, thinking the sessions
would be compatible.
But actually they crash immediately when I open them in Ardour on Mac.
(mac Ardour = 2.8.13, works fine, soundcard RME Fireface 400)

-> Could it be that this has to do with the use of plugins in Linux,
the calf ones which are not in MacOSX?
-> Would this be solved by a) installing them b) removing them on
Linux whic would really not be cool

-> how do I install the Calf and other Linux plugins on Mac? all
online links are pretty much ancient history and they do not work
anymore..

-> Other suggestions?

I did some snooping around on the www but the answers were somewhat
bleh and old..

Thanks and greetings from Brussels

Wendy