[Ardour-Users] Fwd: 64bits

Casey Shultz casey.shultz at gmail.com
Tue Oct 11 08:47:22 PDT 2011

--
Casey Shultz
http://scifisurplus.com
--

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Casey Shultz <casey.shultz at gmail.com>
Date: Tue, Oct 11, 2011 at 9:46 AM
Subject: Re: [Ardour-Users] 64bits
To: Brett McCoy <idragosani at gmail.com>

I know for me and my DAW I'm very conservative about the setup. I try
to use way more hardware than the system requirements call for and
only change the OS or upgrade stuff when it's absolutely necessary.
When I first experimented with moving to a 64-bit OS I picked up a new
machine and installed everything on 2 partitions. One for 64-bit and
one for 32-bit expecting to wipe the 64-bit but after about 3 months I
didn't have any problems and chose to keep the 64-bit.

I use other machines to do my experimental Linux fun-having and such
so I can make sure I know the DAW is solid and consistent.

--
Casey Shultz
http://scifisurplus.com