[Ardour-Users] Adding tracks or busses disconnects Ardour from JACK

Q lists at quirq.ukfsn.org
Sun Oct 9 11:32:53 PDT 2011

On 09/10/11 19:26, Chooch Schubert wrote:
  Only thing I can think of is to create a new session, add some tracks,
> do a quick recording. Remove a track. Save it, quit Ardour, open it
> back up and add/remove some more tracks and see if it exhibits the
> same behavior. It may just be something wrong with the sessions from
> the older version.
>
> If you can confirm that it's something wrong with the session files
> and not the Ardour/JACK setup then you can work on fixing the files.
>
>   {c}

Thanks for your help.

Interesting. I created a new session and decided to add four mono tracks:

[ERROR]: AudioEngine: cannot connect ardour:Audio 1/out 2 (ardour:Audio
1/out 2) to ardour:master/in 2 (ardour:master/in 2)
[ERROR]: IO: cannot register input port Audio 2/in 1
[ERROR]: cannot configure 1 in/2 out configuration for new audio track
[ERROR]: The Ardour audio engine is not connected and state saving would
lose all I/O connections. Session not saved
[ERROR]: could only create 1 of 4 new audio tracks

So it isn't confined to sessions created with the older version.