[Ardour-Users] Adding tracks or busses disconnects Ardour from JACK

Chooch Schubert choochus at gmail.com
Sun Oct 9 11:26:57 PDT 2011

On Sun, Oct 9, 2011 at 2:12 PM, Q <lists at quirq.ukfsn.org> wrote:
> On 09/10/11 19:03, Q wrote:
>>>
>>> I would try renaming your JACK and Ardour config files so that new
>>> defaults are created. If that fixes things then track down which of
>>> the settings is causing problems.
>>>
>>> {c}
>>
>> These are old sessions, not ones created with 2.8.12.
>
> Renaming the .jackdrc and ardour.rc files had no effect, still disconnected
> the moment I tried disconnecting a track from the Master bus inputs.

Only thing I can think of is to create a new session, add some tracks,
do a quick recording. Remove a track. Save it, quit Ardour, open it
back up and add/remove some more tracks and see if it exhibits the
same behavior. It may just be something wrong with the sessions from
the older version.

If you can confirm that it's something wrong with the session files
and not the Ardour/JACK setup then you can work on fixing the files.

 {c}