[Ardour-Users] Adding tracks or busses disconnects Ardour from JACK

Harry van Haaren harryhaaren at gmail.com
Sun Oct 9 07:04:18 PDT 2011

Hey Q,

Perhaps check the "Timeout" in the QJackCtl Setup, the lower that is the
faster JACK will kick a client... so increasing that should solve the
problem.

Note in my experience setting this to anything > 1000ms will freak out
FFADO, as we have an XRun that can last a second and then my AudioFire makes
JACK stop... or something. 500ms is what I usually have loaded, for
debugging programs you'll want to set it high..

HTH! -Harry