[Ardour-Users] 64bits

Brett Clark brett.clark at zirous.com
Fri Oct 7 09:09:38 PDT 2011

It seems odd, but the test shows the 64-bit kernel as running disk
transactions vastly faster than the 32-bit (page 5).  Its using PostMark
which is a filesystem benchmarking utility.

64-bit - 2297 TPS
32-bit - 235 TPS

How in the world does a 64-bit cpu make your disk reads/writes happen 9x
faster?  How did that not raise a big red flag for the person performing the
tests?

Since the tester didnt put in any real comments about the hugh difference in
a highly unexpected area, im a big skeptical about all of their tests.

--Brett