[Ardour-Users] Cleaning up unused regions

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Wed Oct 5 06:36:05 PDT 2011

On Wed, 2011-10-05 at 14:23 +0100, Nick Ramm wrote:

> I believe that bouncing down (without processing) doesn't sacrifice
> any quality but i'm not entirely sure about that.

It shouldn't, but connecting an output of an app with an input of the
same app could cause issues. IIRC it has to do with the order of the
jack clients and zero copy, but I might be completely wrong, anyway, I
had issues when doing this with Qtractor and I guess I never tried to do
it with Ardour. Again, hard disk drives are cheap these days, there's no
need to overdo data reduction.