[Ardour-Users] Cleaning up unused regions

Nick Ramm seeyoushortly at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Oct 5 06:23:41 PDT 2011

I have also wondered about this question.

I would say select the part of the file you want to use (using range and snap to) and bounce down to create another file,
place the new file in the track and then delete the original if you need to.
I bounce all the time when using ardour but i dont usually throw away the original, just in case.
I believe that bouncing down (without processing) doesn't sacrifice any quality but i'm not entirely sure about that.
Nick