[Ardour-Users] Fw: got midi to work

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Sat Oct 1 11:12:41 PDT 2011

On Sat, 2011-10-01 at 20:06 +0200, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> On Sat, 2011-10-01 at 18:47 +0100, Nick Ramm wrote:
> > Good news is i got midi working but at the expense of audio!
> > Really pleased about midi, that's very exciting.
> > The way i did it was with kxstudio repositories.
> >

> > The new problem i got with audio on booting up both ardour 2.8.12 and
> > ardour 3 is that i get sample rate mis-match error message.
> > It tells me i'm loading up stuff in 44.1 and that i have the audio
> > engine set at 48.
> > All the work i've done recently has been at 44.1.
> > Jack control says 44.1  so why is it telling me this?
> > Also, what's strange is that there's no option to change the sample
> > rate when running the ardour file like there usually is..
>
> Strange!
>
> >  Then when i hit load session anyway, it loads. Everything looks fine,
> > it plays my old songs as usual but i get no sound from my audiophile.
> > Actually i can't get any sound from this card at all yet jack.
>
> Nor that uncommon!
>
> > All advice greatly appreciated.
> > Nick
>
> Just a shot in the dark, take a look
> at /usr/share/alsa/cards/ICE1712.conf, there sometimes was something
> else to edit for latest Ubuntus, but I can't remember it, since my
> Envy24 cards became MIDI interfaces only. For audio I switched to
> another vendor, aditionatl
>
> <confdir:pcm/front.conf>
>
> ICE1712.pcm.front.0 {
> 	@args [ CARD ]
> 	@args.CARD {
> 		type string
> 	}
> 	type route
> 	ttable.0.0 1
> 	ttable.1.1 1
> 	slave.pcm {
> 		type hw
> 		card $CARD
> 	}
>         #### fix PA issue ####
>         slave.format S32_LE
>         slave.channels 10
> }

Sorry, Evolution send an unfinished mail, when I used the undo
option ... have forgotten, what I was trying to say ... sorry, I should
switch back from an original Linux mailer to Thunderbird, Zappa style
like, "lets use another great original windows thingy ladies and
gentleman ... thunderbird" ... I suspect it was about Italian Guitarist,
anyway ... pfffffffffffffff ... fuck Evolution.