[Ardour-Users] Fw: got midi to work

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Sat Oct 1 11:06:34 PDT 2011

On Sat, 2011-10-01 at 18:47 +0100, Nick Ramm wrote:
> Good news is i got midi working but at the expense of audio!
> Really pleased about midi, that's very exciting.
> The way i did it was with kxstudio repositories.
>

> The new problem i got with audio on booting up both ardour 2.8.12 and
> ardour 3 is that i get sample rate mis-match error message.
> It tells me i'm loading up stuff in 44.1 and that i have the audio
> engine set at 48.
> All the work i've done recently has been at 44.1.
> Jack control says 44.1  so why is it telling me this?
> Also, what's strange is that there's no option to change the sample
> rate when running the ardour file like there usually is..

Strange!

>  Then when i hit load session anyway, it loads. Everything looks fine,
> it plays my old songs as usual but i get no sound from my audiophile.
> Actually i can't get any sound from this card at all yet jack.

Nor that uncommon!

> All advice greatly appreciated.
> Nick

Just a shot in the dark, take a look
at /usr/share/alsa/cards/ICE1712.conf, there sometimes was something
else to edit for latest Ubuntus, but I can't remember it, since my
Envy24 cards became MIDI interfaces only. For audio I switched to
another vendor, aditionatl

<confdir:pcm/front.conf>

ICE1712.pcm.front.0 {
	@args [ CARD ]