[Ardour-Users] MIDI edit : draw a note in only 1 of multi duplicate region ?

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Wed Nov 9 02:47:20 PST 2011

On Wed, Nov 9, 2011 at 5:42 AM, fred <f.rech at yahoo.fr> wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> have made a basic beat in a 2 bars region, and duplicate to the lenght of
> the song.
>
> Now, in some of the new regions created, like to add or del some notes.
>
> When draw a note with the pencil in one region, it draws the same note in
> every region.
>
> Almost sure there's something I missed, but have tried with the 3 edit modes
> and except
> search in vain thru preferences and this list archive can't find anything.

by default, region copies all use the same data (as for audio). thus
editing the data in one of them change the data displayed by all of
them.

you have two choices (assuming current svn):

 (1) right click on a given region, go to the "MIDI" item in its
context menu, and select "Fork" which will make the selected region(s)
all independent
 (2) in Session -> Properties -> Misc, enable "MIDI region copies are
independent"

--p