[Ardour-Users] Made with Ardour

Jason Jones poeticintensity at gmail.com
Thu May 26 16:08:22 PDT 2011

> liked it. i mean it's not my favourite kind of music these days, but it
> reminds me of stuff i listened to 15 years ago.
> the song and the mix are definitely happening.
>
> the limiter annoys me from time to time, but i've heard worse. is that just
> the mixbus saturation?

Thank you!  I did use mixbus on this one, and the saturation was close
to "0" on all my mixbuses (sp?).  I'm still learning how to properly
employ the limiter in the mastering phase.  When I use ardour, I use
jamin to master, with the limiter on, and I can get the loudness up
pretty high.  The master limiter on mixbus seems to be set very low.
No matter how much I squash it, the "loudness" never gets to where I
want it to be.   When I turn the limiter completely off, however, I'm
able to get it much louder, and it doesn't seem to clip at all (I read
somewhere it has to do with floating point capabilities?).  So,
actually, in this song, I didn't use any limiter at all.  I'm still
just kind of floundering around, but through the fight, I seem to be
getting better at this.  Anyway.. Thanks for the comment.

--Jason