[Ardour-Users] Ardour uses 100% cpu when paused, 10% when idle

Sampo Savolainen v2 at iki.fi
Sat May 7 11:21:19 PDT 2011

Terve,

This sounds like a denormal problem. Try disabling all plugins and then try
duplicating the issue. If the problem is gone, enable each plugin one by one
to figure out where the issue is. Denormals can be caused by bad plugins
and/or bad parameters for plugins.

Ardour has different denormal protection schemes (Options -> Performance ->
Denormal handling -> ...). But be sure to first check that the plugin
parameters are sane (for examples EQ parameters extremely close to zero but
!= 0).

More on denormals: http://ardour.org/node/139

 Sampo