[Ardour-Users] Jack2 (1.9.7) & ardour 3.0

m.eik michalke m at openmusiccontest.org
Wed May 4 05:54:28 PDT 2011

Am Mittwoch, 4. Mai 2011, 13:48:34 schrieb Ralf:
> > as long as all dependecies are installed (which you need for proper
> > compiling  anyway), dpkg-buildpackage is as easy to call as is
> > checkinstall. it will even tell you if (and which) packages are missing,
> > and create several packages (e.g., dev, doc ...) if it was split by the
> > maintainer.
>
> Hm? Someday I'll try this for JACK.

ok, after all this theory i just did it in practice :-) i've kubuntu natty
installed, but nonetheless the sid package sources compiled without any manual
changes. it's pretty straight forward:

 wget http://path/to/jackd2_1.9.7~dfsg.orig.tar.gz
 wget http://path/to/jackd2_1.9.7~dfsg-1.debian.tar.gz
 tar xzvf jackd2_1.9.7~dfsg.orig.tar.gz
 cd jackd2_1.9.7~dfsg
 tar xzvf ../jackd2_1.9.7~dfsg-1.debian.tar.gz
 dpkg-buildpackage -rfakeroot

the first run stopped to tell me i needed to install some build-dependencies
first, after which "dpkg-buildpackage -rfakeroot" successfully compiled
everything. it created these packages:

 jackd2-firewire_1.9.7~dfsg-1_i386.deb
 jackd2_1.9.7~dfsg-1_i386.deb
 libjack-jackd2-0_1.9.7~dfsg-1_i386.deb
 libjack-jackd2-dev_1.9.7~dfsg-1_i386.deb

viele grüße :: m.eik

--
::: http://OpenMusicContest.org   :: music wants to be free