[Ardour-Users] ardour 3.0 alpha 1 released

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Wed Mar 23 10:02:05 PDT 2011

On Wed, Mar 23, 2011 at 12:55 PM, Mark Knecht <markknecht at gmail.com> wrote:

>   For Paul or anyone: Does Ardour3 have any command line help clues?
> ardour3 --help or ardour3 -h just complains. If there's a command line
> option to not start up in real-time mode I'd like to find out about
> it.

the current binary package will not handle arguments except -d
the new one (there will be daily updates) will pass arguments to the
real ardour executable. however, there's no option for "nonrealtime"
mode, because no such mode exists - Ardour has no control over this -
its determined by the way JACK is started.

The only sense in which is does is that *if* JACK is not already
running (i.e. an attempt to connect to JACK fails) then it will start
JACK itself, and this likely defaults to RT mode. there's no good
reason to ever run JACK without RT mode unless you're a developer.

--p