[Ardour-Users] ardour 3.0 alpha 1 released

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Wed Mar 23 09:55:22 PDT 2011

On Wed, Mar 23, 2011 at 9:37 AM, Noel Darlow <mail at mcgruff.plus.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> Another Gentoo-er & pro-audio overlay here:
>
> - gentoo x86
> - jack 1.9.6 (+alsa +dbus -32bit -debug -doc -freebob -ieee1394)
>
> Can confirm that ardour3 opens OK if jack is already started (not if
> not).
>
> Haven't played around with it yet but will do later.
>
> Many thanks to everyone for all the hard work :)
>

> Noel

Noel,
   How are you starting Jack? I'm having some problems here.

   I agree that it doesn't seem to be able to start Jack on its own.
In my case I don't have a real-time kernel and Ardour3 always seems to
want to use real-time unless I turn it off by hand after getting into
the initial GUI. However once I tried to start the main app, after
selecting the session name and other options, it complained about
broken pipes talking to Jack.

   For Paul or anyone: Does Ardour3 have any command line help clues?
ardour3 --help or ardour3 -h just complains. If there's a command line
option to not start up in real-time mode I'd like to find out about
it.

   No rush on responding as I won't be able to try again for maybe 6-8 hours.

Thanks,
Mark