[Ardour-Users] Which distro best supports Ardour using the Delta 44 (ICE1712)?

Mon Mar 21 12:17:16 PDT 2011

On 03/20/2011 07:06 PM, Bill Sack wrote:
> i was going to suggest pulseaudio too - ice1712 support has been
> rock-solid in alsa (and jack) for a long time. i use planetccrma&
> fedora and a delta44 and have not had a problem after i've gotten rid
> of pulseaudio.
> do a search for
> "<your-distro>  disable pulseaudio"

We're running ice1712 (delta 66 + OmniIO box) with pulseaudio with no
problems.

We do use a workaround (find it attached) to get pa to properly use the
delta 66 (this has been an issue for a long time with pa and alsa
mutually pointing fingers and nobody really fixing it). This is also a
problem for high channel count rme cards, a similar workaround fixes
that as well.

-- Fernando