[Ardour-Users] [Ardour-Dev] what linux audio project do you miss?
g_vergis at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 5 19:14:51 PST 2011
Would be nice to have a "Music learning/rehearsal tool" plug-in for a music
player such as Rhythmbox. Rhythmbox has some plug-ins such as RBPitch,
but extending this capability and make the interface more accessible while
playing an instrument would be nice . I realize some of these features exist in
isolation, but bouncing around different applications while playing an
instrument or learning isn't very practical. I will summarize the list here so
that other can either identify existing capbilities or build up on this list
1) Independently variable pitch, tempo, formant shifting
2) Loop on any pre-defined section(s)
3) Jump to section(s) and jump play list.
4) Isolate instruments (Amplify certain instruments, such as lead guitar,
bass, vocal etc) -- May be a parametric EQ could do the job?
5) Note detection (or approximation) within a key
6) BPM detection or setting and synchronized metronome
7) Improved key bindings to start/stop/loop/jump
8) External foot-switch, midi, sound triggered control for hands free controls.
9) Cue-cards : Notes that can pop-up at various sections of a song
10) Song set rehearsal mode with saved settings for each song in the list (Tempo
offset from original song, pitch shift, song to song delay)
From: Victor <victorcuad at hotmail.com>
To: ardour-users at lists.ardour.org; ardour-dev at lists.ardour.org
Sent: Wed, March 2, 2011 1:13:00 PM
Subject: [Ardour-Dev] what linux audio project do you miss?
Hello, I'm Victor and I'm currently studying computers science in Spain. I'm
looking for a topic for my final carreer project (that should start on
september 2011 and finish on june 2012), and it seems like a good excuse to
contribute to the linux audio scene. So, what do you miss? let your imagination
fly, from plugins(ladspa, lv2, vsti, nyquist...), virtual instruments.. to
musical applications (chordata and bizarre things..), etc.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Ardour-Users