[Ardour-Users] what linux audio project do you miss?

Noel Darlow mail at mcgruff.plus.com
Thu Mar 3 18:43:32 PST 2011

On Wed, 2 Mar 2011 22:13:00 +0100
Victor <victorcuad at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hello, I'm Victor and I'm currently studying computers science in
> Spain. I'm looking for a topic for my final carreer project

It would be nice to have a program for soundfont creation. There is
something for linux (Swami?) but it wasn't very useable as far as I
recall.

I don't know if this fits into your course, but what about a
general study of linux audio: where it's at, where it needs to go in
the future. Who is using linux audio: amateur musicians, professional
studios, film production? Whom should we be trying to target? What do
they need? How well does current software satisfy their needs? What's
the route map we need to follow in the future? What sort of workforce
is needed to make it happen - and how to encourage and nurture them?

Noel