[Ardour-Users] what linux audio project do you miss?

Kevin Cosgrove kevinc at cosgroves.us
Wed Mar 2 16:13:18 PST 2011

On 2 March 2011 at 22:13, Victor <victorcuad at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hello, I'm Victor and I'm currently studying computers science
> in Spain. I'm looking for a topic for my final carreer project
> (that should start on september 2011 and finish on june
> 2012), and it seems like a good excuse to contribute to the
> linux audio scene. So, what do you miss? let your imagination
> fly, from plugins(ladspa, lv2, vsti, nyquist...), virtual
> instruments.. to musical applications (chordata and bizarre
> things..), etc.

I would really like to see something like the Harmony Browser
from the old Jazz++ sequencer brought into a program or ported
to stand-alone.  For those who don't know, the Jazz++ harmony
browser would allow one to click/browse through chords, e.g.
triads, with different roots and in different modes.  It was
quite a nice music writing tool.  The current Jazz++ URLs are:

  http://jazzplusplus.sourceforge.net/
  http://sourceforge.net/projects/jazzplusplus/

Once or twice a year the Jazz++ mailing list sees a message.
It's been a couple of years since I tried to compile a port to a
more modern version of wxWidgets.  It didn't completely run, but
it would start up.  The harmony browser should be easy to factor
and discover within that code as bitmaps for the UI are part of
the source.

Thanks....

--
Kevin