[Ardour-Users] Directing MIDI input from a keyboard

Al Thompson althompson58 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 27 06:32:10 PDT 2011

On 06/27/2011 07:41 AM, Leigh Dyer wrote:

> I'm not sure I follow what you mean here. I do know, though, that
> Qtractor handles what I'm asking for pretty well -- when you hit the
> keys on your keyboard, it routes the MIDI to the track that you have
> highlighted in its main window, unless you override that by manually
> configuring MIDI monitoring on other tracks.

I finally figured out that it's not the input to the MIDI track that you
are concerned with, it's the MIDI routing.  Correct?

I believe that the workflow you want is to have MIDI routed from a MIDI
input to whichever MIDI channel/port is associated with a track that you
click on in the main window.  Is that correct?  That's how Sonar works,
if I remember correctly.

--
---
Check out the website I've been cobbling together.  It will never be

My blog, with commentary on a variety of things, including audio,
mixing, equipment, etc, is at:
   http://audioandmore.wordpress.com

Staat heißt das kälteste aller kalten Ungeheuer.  Kalt lügt es auch;
und diese Lüge kriecht aus seinem Munde: 'Ich, der Staat, bin das Volk.'
                                                - [Friedrich Nietzsche]