[Ardour-Users] Directing MIDI input from a keyboard

Leigh Dyer lsd at wootangent.net
Sun Jun 26 16:05:56 PDT 2011

On 06/27/2011 09:01 AM, Leigh Dyer wrote:
> I'd just like to have a way to be able to tell Ardour "for now, when I
> hit a key on my MIDI keyboard, only send the event to the synth on track
> X".

Just replying to myself -- to be completely clear, I want this
functionality between takes, while the transport is not running. During
recording, the MIDI data is only played by, and recorded by, the armed
tracks, which is what I'd expect to happen. It's between takes, when I'm
playing on my keyboard to work out what I'm going to record next, that I
have problems.

Thanks
Leigh