[Ardour-Users] Directing MIDI input from a keyboard

Leigh Dyer lsd at wootangent.net
Sun Jun 26 05:43:32 PDT 2011

On 06/26/2011 09:02 PM, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> Again, MIDI channels?
> There might be a Linux MIDI filter app.
> I've got no time to search, on the quick I hadn't success using Google.
> 2. iedea
> I didn't work with Ardour3 until now. Isn't it possible to give Ardour3
> Several MIDI inputs (MIDI captures) routed to different tracks?

You can indeed assign different MIDI inputs to different tracks, but I
only have the one keyboard connected. I suppose I could use an external
app like QMidiRoute to split my keyboard input out to multiple MIDI
outputs based on the MIDI channel, but that would be an awful lot of work.

This should be an easy thing to do within Ardour 3 itself, so either I'm
missing something and I just haven't figured out how to do it (I'm
hoping that's the case), or there's no way to do it within Ardour, in
which case I'd really hope to see it added before Ardour 3 goes final.

Thanks
Leigh