[Ardour-Users] ardour 3.0 alpha season drawing to an end

Al Thompson althompson58 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 18 07:16:23 PDT 2011

On 07/18/2011 06:51 AM, Robin Gareus wrote:

>> Well, it didn't completely help here.  I tried using the -S option to
>> start jack. Upon loading my existing test session, which is about a
>> minute long, has two MIDI tracks, and no plugins, Ardour instantly uses
>> around 100% of CPU, locks itself up for several minutes, and says
>> "Please wait while Ardour loads visual data."  After it again starts
>> responding and CPU usage goes down to normal, it does appear to work
>> somewhat better with the -S option.  Rewinding to the session beginning
>> no longer locks it up.  I appear to be running into several issues at once.
>>
> It certainly seems that there is more to it.
>
> Maybe the "Please wait while Ardour loads visual data." is already a
> clue enough for the core-devs to know what may be going on?  Paul? Carl?
>

> It'll certainly help to file a bug-report on the tracker. Include the
> console log-output of ardour (highlight the point where it hangs); but I
> have a feeling that eventually a back-trace will be necessary to track
> this down.

I sent the session directory to Paul a few days ago for him to see what
was happening, but haven't heard back.  I don't know if that's a good
sign or not.

--
---
Check out the website I've been cobbling together.  It will never be

My blog, with commentary on a variety of things, including audio,
mixing, equipment, etc, is at:
   http://audioandmore.wordpress.com

Staat heißt das kälteste aller kalten Ungeheuer.  Kalt lügt es auch;
und diese Lüge kriecht aus seinem Munde: 'Ich, der Staat, bin das Volk.'
                                                - [Friedrich Nietzsche]