[Ardour-Users] Ardour 3 and Linuxsampler

Leigh Dyer lsd at wootangent.net
Wed Jul 13 14:39:15 PDT 2011

On 07/14/2011 07:27 AM, fred wrote:

> BUT, what is missing here to have it as LV2 plugin in Ardour ? Others
> LV2 non-instruments works...

How did you install Linuxsampler? It does include an LV2 plugin, but
I've noticed that when I've built Debian packages from the control files
that come in the tarball (or SVN download), they leave out any plugins,
even if they've actually been built as part of the build process.

If you build it yourself from source, you should find the LV2 plugin in
the "src/hostplugins" folder under the main "linuxsampler" project.

I've been using the plugin a bit myself lately; I run LinuxSampler from
SVN, but the plugin from version 1.0 may also work. I have some notes on
using the plugin here:

http://wootangent.net/2011/07/everything-you-always-wanted-to-know-about-linuxsampler/4/

Thanks
Leigh