[Ardour-Users] ardour 3.0 alpha season drawing to an end

Harry van Haaren harryhaaren at gmail.com
Tue Jul 12 07:51:54 PDT 2011

On Tue, Jul 12, 2011 at 3:35 PM, Leigh Dyer <lsd at wootangent.net> wrote:

> One thing I'm not sure about is exporting projects with MIDI tracks using
> external synths. Is there a way to have Ardour export a session by simply
> playing through it in realtime (not freewheeling) and recording what's
> coming from its master out? For now, I'm using an external app to record my
> project when I need to export it.

Yup, its very simple:
1. create a new track (mono-stereo-quad or whatever you want to bounce to)
2. Wire up the outputs of Ardour:Master to the new track
3. Wire up the outputs of Synth:out (or a SynthBus:out in ardour if your
routing it trough in real time) to the new track too.
4. Record enable the new track, and play trough the session.

Currently (Ardour 2x) this is the only way to export to multichannel files.
Once its done, go to your session folder /interchange/audio and grab the
recorded file. :)
Cheers, -Harry